The Job Role:
Using your marketing skills, you will develop and implement the marketing strategy in its entirety. You will work closely with the event manager/director and sales leads throughout the process to ensure event targets are reached. This is a strategic and analytical role in which you will have bottom-line responsibilities for creating and executing innovative marketing plans deploying online & offline direct marketing tactics delivered within the specified budget and time-period.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Marketing Management
- 3 – 5 years in a strategic B2B marketing role.
- Proven track record in creating successful marketing communications campaigns
- Proven use and understanding of complex databases and segmentation techniques
- Proven understanding of tracking & response reporting and analysing
- An excellent understanding of digital marketing techniques
- Project management experience
- Familiarity with web design and publishing (WordPress)
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google+ and other social media best practices
- Basic knowledge about softwares such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, After Effects, illustrator, InDesign, etc), Canva
- Building and developing overall marketing strategies (including digital, data, content and branding).
- To build and develop integrated online and offline marketing strategies for a portfolio of medium to large scale local & international events and define the brand strategy across the portfolio(s).
- Develop marketing communications campaigns using all aspects of direct marketing (mailings, email, online, PR, advertising).
- Plan and implement the marketing strategy for advertisers, sponsors, and exhibitors with the goal of driving MQL (marketing qualified leads) generation, reaching project objectives and to support sales in achieving targets.
- Create a matchmaking strategy for onsite and digital engagement between the buy-side and sell-side, using our matchmaking system and touchpoints to market.
Execution & Project Management:
- Overseeing campaigns and managing budgets.
- Executing and overseeing marketing campaign activity timelines.
- Oversee organisation of both internal & external promotional activities, ensuring they are carried out efficiently and within agreed budgets.
Analysis and reporting:
- Provide on-going analysis and reports and recommend improvements.
- Develop and maintain systems & processes which effectively report on marketing activities effectively and efficiently.
- Provide on-going and post campaign effectiveness reports and recommend on-going improvements based on statistical analysis of marketing information.
- Forecasts spend within the allocated budget and monitor on a regular basis.
- Gain a very good understanding of the internal process to track campaigns via Google Dashboard and HubSpot with the support of the central Marketing Operations team.
- Portfolio and event digital strategies to maximize SEO, develop Social Media tactics and drive lead generation.
- Identify and roll out a digital marketing strategy which includes the most relevant digital channels – including sites, apps, social networks, video and audio to acquire and maximise audience engagement.
Negotiation and relationship building:
- Develop and manager strategic partnerships with stakeholders Establishing and developing strategic partnerships to enhance the global presence of the brand.
- Maximising opportunities with speakers, sponsors and publications.
- Manage, monitor, maintain and regularly review relationships with key suppliers and stakeholders to ensure highest levels of service are continuously delivered.
- Engage and influence advertisers, sponsors, and exhibitors and other stakeholders such as media and industry influencers into the marketing process .
- Initiating clear strategies for creating and distributing associated content.
- Improving marketing effectiveness of marketing campaigns by writing and evaluating copy to increase response rate.
- Gain an excellent understanding of your event target profile, sell-side and buy-side persona and related pain points, your value proposition and how best to reach them via marketing strategies.
- Create marketing content based on the strategy for supporting all marketing campaigns.
- Copy write and proof-reading of all marketing materials, on and offline.
- Ensure brand websites are fully up to date with the latest marketing content and information.
- Collaborate with PR resources to deliver a timeline and relevant PR campaigns.
Database and CRM:
- Advanced segmentation and data building strategies.
- Map out the portfolio target market and develop a 6- and 12-months data acquisition strategy together with metrics and targets.
- Loyalty campaigns and use of incentives and offers to retain current clients.
- Manage HubSpot platforms for all marketing campaigns and utilize the CRM to its full capacity to support all marketing campaigns in partnership with the Marketing Operations Manager & Data Analyst Manager .
- Work with the internal database department to maintain a clean database and build additional prospects for sponsor / exhibitor / advertiser and audience acquisition.
- Conceptualising marketing materials and ensuring studio is briefed in these concepts.
- Ensure all collateral is in keeping with Vuka Group brand guidelines and show specific brand guidelines.
- Coordinate the design, production, and mail of all marketing collateral, including publications, onsite audience material, sales brochures and additional supporting content for advertisers, sponsors, and exhibitors.
- Identifying opportunities for new methodologies and more efficient future marketing.
- Remain up to date with latest communications tools and continuously assess their deployment to improve marketing effectiveness.
- Train & develop the Marketing Co-ordinator/s.