The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and implementing the marketing strategy in its entirety which has been put in place by the Marketing Manager and/or Marketing Specialist to ensure that the event targets are reached. For smaller events (based on size or revenue of event) you may be required to put the marketing strategy together in conjunction with the Marketing Manager.
- Fluent in English (verbal & written) and professional level French communication (verbal & written).
- Valid work permit for South Africa.
- At least 2 years of solid marketing experience including digital marketing & social media.
- Can work in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Above average interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines.
- Outstanding analytical ability with acute attention to detail.
- Good combination of creative and analytical skills.
- Take initiative and seek responsibility.
- Enthusiasm and motivation to achieve outstanding results.
- Persistent approach to finding solutions.
- Co-ordinate all elements of the marketing campaign to ensure that the deadlines are met.
- Designing and deploying digital & social media campaigns, emails, sms and fax broadcasts, as well as organising the data and tracking results.
- Carrying out research to actively promote conferences & exhibitions on relevant websites ensuring all listings are live and up to date.
- Negotiating marketing partnerships with external organisations.
- Managing the relationships with business partners to co-ordinate and implement marketing activities.
- Ensuring website is current and up to date by uploading and refreshing web content.
- Track enquiries and ensure that leads are being passed to the relevant sales teams.
- Updating marketing plans with responses and reporting back on them.
- Liaising with sponsors and exhibitors to maximise on marketing efforts.
- Strong copywriting skills– improving marketing effectiveness of marketing campaigns by writing and evaluating copy to increase response rate.
- Translation skills from English to French.
- Know and follow branding and communications guidelines of the project and apply to all the tasks.
- Collating, analysing and reporting marketing data and make suggestions for improvement based on the results.
- Assist with data research (new lists, etc.)
- Research and analysis.
- Ability to thrive under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team and individually.
- Attention to detail
Monthly remuneration: R14,000.00 gross per month depending on experience.