We are seeking a talented Marketing Coordinator to join our dynamic team and play a crucial role in co-ordinating and implementing the Power and Energy Portfolio’s marketing strategy.
You will work closely with the Marketing Manager to ensure the successful execution of the marketing plan and achieve event targets. For smaller events, you will take the lead in developing the marketing strategy, in collaboration with the Marketing Manager.
As our Marketing Coordinator, you will be an integral part of our ninja marketing team. We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and creative individual who is eager to build a career in marketing in all spheres. Your responsibilities will include creating promotional material, monitoring social media platforms, conducting market research, and supporting the marketing department in all activities. You will also have the opportunity to attend events and meet people from around the world.
To be successful in this role, you should possess excellent communication skills, as well as exceptional multitasking and organizational abilities. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of marketing techniques and social media platforms, as well as a passion for events and customer experience.
So, if you are a marketing ROCKSTAR looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, we want to hear from you!
Join our team and take your career in marketing to the next level.
- Bachelor or Diploma in Marketing and Communications
- Minimum 1 year marketing experience, preferably within an agency or events sector
- Currently residing in Cape Town
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Above average interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines
- Outstanding analytical ability with acute attention to detail
- Good combination of creative and analytical skills
- Take initiative and seek responsibility.
- Enthusiasm and motivation to achieve outstanding results.
- Great copywriting skills
- Good understanding of the latest marketing trends and techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a passion for marketing and use initiative.
- Have a solid understanding of the digital universe.
- Outstanding multitasking abilities.
- PowerPoint, Word and Excel experience a plus.
- Experience with a social media scheduling tool and marketing automation software a plus.
- Understanding of Canva and Video editing tools is a plus.
- Team player with a creative flair to contribute to a fast-paced high performing team.
- Co-ordinate all elements of the marketing campaign to ensure that the deadlines are met.
- Designing and deploying digital & social media campaigns, emails, sms and pr broadcasts, as well as organising the data and tracking results.
- Carrying out research to actively promote Vuka Group conferences & exhibitions on relevant websites ensuring all listings are live and up to date.
- Negotiating marketing partnerships with external organisations.
- Managing the relationships with business partners to co-ordinate and implement marketing activities such as adverts, emails, mailings, banners etc…
- Ensuring website is current and up to date by uploading and refreshing web content.
- Track enquiries and ensure that leads are being passed to the relevant sales teams.
- Updating marketing plans with responses and reporting back on them.
- Liaising with sponsors and exhibitors to maximise on marketing efforts.
- Basic copywriting – improving marketing effectiveness of marketing campaigns by writing and evaluating copy to increase response rate.
- Know and follow branding and communications guidelines of the project and apply to all the tasks.
- Collating, analysing and reporting marketing data and make suggestions for improvement based on the results.
- Assist with data research (new lists, etc.)