The Marketing Co-ordinator is responsible for co-ordinating and implementing the marketing strategy in its entirety which has been put in place by the Marketing Manager and/or Marketing Specialist to ensure that the event targets are reached. For smaller events (based on size or revenue of event) you may be required to put the marketing strategy together in conjunction with the Marketing Manager and/or Marketing Specialist.
- Bachelor or Diploma in Marketing and Communications.
- Minimum 1 year marketing experience, preferably within an agency or events sector.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Above average interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines.
- Outstanding analytical ability with acute attention to detail.
- Good combination of creative and analytical skills.
- Take initiative and seek responsibility.
- Enthusiasm and motivation to achieve outstanding results.
- Great copywriting skills.
- Good understanding of the latest marketing trends and techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding multitasking abilities.
- PowerPoint, Word and Excel experience a plus.
- Experience with a social media scheduling tool and marketing automation software a plus.
- Understanding of Canva and Video editing tools is a plus.
- Team player with a creative flair to contribute to a fast-paced high performing team.
- Co-ordinate all elements of the marketing campaign to ensure that the deadlines are met.
- Designing and deploying digital & social media campaigns, emails, sms and fax broadcasts, as well as organising the data and tracking results.
- Carrying out research to actively promote Vuka Group conferences & exhibitions on relevant websites ensuring all listings are live and up to date.
- Negotiating marketing partnerships with external organisations.
- Managing the relationships with business partners to co-ordinate and implement marketing activities such as adverts, emails, mailings, banners etc…
- Ensuring website is current and up to date by uploading and refreshing web content.
- Track enquiries and ensure that leads are being passed to the relevant sales teams.
- Updating marketing plans with responses and reporting back on them.
- Liaising with sponsors and exhibitors to maximise on marketing efforts.
- Basic copywriting – improving marketing effectiveness of marketing campaigns by writing and evaluating copy to increase response rate.
- Know and follow branding and communications guidelines of the project and apply to all the tasks.
- Collating, analysing and reporting marketing data and make suggestions for improvement based on the results.
- Assist with data research (new lists, etc.)
Renumeration: R12,000.00 to R15,000.00 (depending on experience)