The candidate should have at least 2 years of event and project management experience and will be
responsible for managing and producing established events in the mining scene as well as research and
develop new events for this industry.
The candidate should possess sound trade exhibition and conference experience, project management and P&L accountability are a must.
The candidate will assume responsibilities for some of the mining events including:
- Shape & implement the events’ overall strategy to produce the commercial goals of the
- Ensure profitability of events – creating event budgets and keeping overall costs in control.
- Set and manage event milestones effectively in order to keep the event on the correct timelines.
- Lead the onsite team to ensure the smooth running of the event.
- Ensure team members are working smartly and productively together.
- Develop contacts to improve the event in the future and to bring on stream new conferences.
- Provide timeous reports and analysis.
- Key account management and partnership development.
- Research, develop and write the content of conference programmes.
- Decide on topics to be covered at the conference.
- From market research, select, invite & secure high level speakers to cover all the key topics.
- Generate new topic ideas for future events.
- Plan and monitor operational milestones.
- Plan and execute site delivery within budget.
- Ensure exhibition floor plans are commercial.
- Develop key accounts management relationships with large commercial entities.
- Maintain telephone contact with key sponsorship contacts to establish their promotional strategies.
- Monitor marketing campaigns and contribute to all aspects of marketing the events.
- From market research, provide copy for all promotional literature.
- The above including the conference programme, website homepage and all electronic promotional campaigns.
- Mining knowledge or experience preferred.
- 2+ year’s event & project management experience.
- 1 – 3 years of conference producing experience, preferably in the B2B environment.
- Self – motivated.
- Driven for results and success.
- Strong interpersonal awareness and team motivator.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical attention to detail combined with some creativity.
- Commercial awareness and experience.
- Deadline driven with strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Must possess a valid passport and be willing to travel into Africa
- French language advantageous