The Operations department is the heart and soul of the business that delivers excellent in-house and external customer service with innovative product delivery and experience, through cutting edge technology and on-site delivery.
The operations department has evolved over the last two years, and we are now delivering our events in-person, hybrid and digitally. The candidate we are looking for must have in-person and digital event experience.
The successful candidate will have excellent technical skills and be able to deep-dive into various platforms to get a full understanding how they work. He/She will also need to have excellent attention to detail, be able to multitask across various projects and be able to work in a fast-paced environment and manage stress well. The candidate will also be client facing and must be able to interact with a broad spectrum of people, including high levels of seniority.
- Experience using various online platforms such as:
- Coordinate and manage event day production including rehearsing presenters where required, troubleshooting IT, and managing break-out rooms and virtual waiting rooms
- Provide speaker and facilitator support and coordination including organising event rehearsals and troubleshooting IT issues
- Proactively manage timelines for event deliverables which may include advertising and marketing materials, social media posts, and the backend setup of events on Zoom or other preferred digital platform
- Gather technical requirements and conduct pre-event testing and configuration on digital platforms
- Review and consolidate virtual event content (i.e. PowerPoint presentations) provided by facilitator(s) and speakers
- Prepare and distribute any necessary materials for each event
- Attend regular status calls for event planning and coordination
- Identify, test, and implement technologies that will augment the event experience and maximise guest participation
- Experience in managing live event production (in-person events & digital events)
- Advanced knowledge and experience with online platforms
- Advanced knowledge and experience with lighting, audio, video, and technical direction of live virtual events
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines, multitask, and prioritise responsibilities
- Ability to self-start and work independently under own direction and initiative
- A passion for events and comfort working under tight deadlines
- Exceptional self-starter, strong initiative, and attention to detail
- Solid problem solving and time management skills
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Knowledgeable of up-to-date virtual event technologies, industry trends, and competition
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication (written and verbal) with the ability to effectively communicate to a wide audience
- Knowledgeable of various digital platforms
- Be able to travel if required
- To be Proactive
- To be Progressive
- To be Positive
- To be Productive
- To be Profitable
Remuneration is R20,000.oo to R22,000 gross per month depending on experience.